Lena Dixen, Senior Vice President of Products and Marketing at the LEGO Group, stated: “Our designers love challenges. They worked with the incredible designers and engineers from our production workshop at the Kladno factory in the Czech Republic, and really pushed back the boundaries of what can be done with LEGO Technic. Thanks to the scope for creativity provided by the system, they’ve truly done justice to the exceptional design of the Lamborghini Sián FKP 37.”
In this joint project by the talented designers, engineers and technicians from the two companies, the model has exactly the same dimensions as the Lamborghini Sián FKP 37, right down to the smallest details such as the chassis covered with hexagonal LEGO Technic pieces to mimic the iconic hexagonal shape of the real vehicle.
“This 1:1 scale model of the Sián shows that Lamborghini – just like Lego – sees challenges as its lifeblood, technology as a means of creation, and design as a linchpin that can and must take people’s breath away,” stated Federico Foschini, Chief Marketing and Sales Officer at Automobili Lamborghini.
On both the outside and the inside, the design of the Lamborghini Sián has been recreated with the utmost attention to detail with the lights and stylish thunderbolt that flashes down the bodywork, as well as a LEGO brick steering wheel with the famous Lamborghini badge and the Italian flag, an instrument panel and racing seats.
This is the first large-scale model by the LEGO Group to have paint-effect UV colour coating done by the Lamborghini paint shop, which perfectly matches the hue of the 1:8 scale LEGO Technic model from 2020.
Facts and figures about the full-scale LEGO® Technic™ model of the Lamborghini Sián FKP 37:
- 154 different types of LEGO Technic pieces were used, including 20 that were molded especially for this model.
- Total weight: 2,200 kg
- The development and construction process took 8,660 hours in total.
- The dimensions of the model are a replica of the real vehicle: 4,980 mm in length, 2,101 mm in width and 1,133 mm in height.
- The front and rear lights turn on and off, and they are made entirely from LEGO Technic pieces.
- For the first time, the iconic lines of a full-scale model’s design have been lit up to pay tribute to the visionary curves and the futuristic form of the real vehicle.