1. Universal Mobile Phone Charger
Mobile phones now feature the micro USB charging port as standard. Different mobile phones use various types of charging cables and ports. Keep a universal mobile charger handy to charge phones during long rides and off road tours. It costs around AED 30 and you can buy it from Amazon.
2. Digital Tyre InflatorDigital Tyre Inflator saves time as it inflates a punctured tyre quickly. It is cost-effective and comes very handy if you are far away from the nearest service station. We found this one online at ACE for just AED 179. It even has a 5 year warranty. For the adventurous motorists, this is one of the most essential car accessories
3. Car Emergency KitIt is one of those things that you normally don’t think but is dearly missed in the hour of need. A well-equipped emergency kit should have the below.
- First Aid Kit
- Work Gloves
- Working Reflective Jacket
- Brake Fluid
- Extra Fuses
- Fire Extinguisher
- Emergency Fire Blanket
- Portable Torch Light
- Adjustable Wrench and Basic Tools
4. Battery Jumper Cables
In case you left your lights on overnight and almost lost your battery, don’t let it destroy the timing of your perfectly planned route. Be able to jump your car on the spot without having to wait for a friendly stranger to give you a hand or for AAA to arrive.
5. Sun ShadeLiving in the UAE, your car is exposed to unforgiving summer sunshine that can really heat up your car’s cabin and possibly damage its interior. Many corporates give these sun shades as promotional material, if not you can always buy a nice reflective shade online for under AED 20.
6. Portable Car Vacuum CleanerA high powered portable vacuum cleaner is a must have if you have kids who regular travel with you. It will help you collect and dirt / food particles and small objects that you cannot pick up from your hand. We found one online for you for AED 218.
7. Car Air Purifier
If you are going to have quite a few people sitting in your car, we recommend you buy an air purifier. It would also help if your sense of smell is sensitive and you are prone to allergy, get a plug in car air purifier and ionizer.
It can also work wonders in getting rid of second hand smoke if people are smoking in your car. We found one online for you here. It costs less than AED 85 and plugs in to a USB charging point.