Land Rover Classic is the official heritage division for the company, offering quality parts, limited-edition luxury classic vehicles, and curated experiences. The selection of new parts and accessories was showcased on their stand in the ‘Over The Road’ area of the Goodwood Revival. Five vehicles made up the display, led by the Expedition Camper from Land Rover Classic.
The ultimate camping vehicle features a new Land Rover Classic approved interior conversion from partner The Ply Guys, and a similarly officially approved new roof tent from TentBox, which will be available early next year, on the outside.
The Expedition Camper by Land Rover Classic was joined at the event by a Black Pack equipped Classic Defender 110 Hard Top, a heritage themed 90 Station Wagon, and two Trophy support trucks clad in accessories from the exclusive Land Rover Classic Trophy I and Trophy II client events.
Glen Kelly, Head of Parts and Accessories at Land Rover Classic, said: “In the Expedition Camper, the team have created a stunning vehicle that showcases the adventure capability of the iconic Classic Defender. Alongside this vehicle, was an impressive display of our official authentic Land Rover Classic parts and accessories, fitted to a variety of different Classic Defenders, all with individual looks to suit different tastes. We are reacting constantly to customer demand for OEM quality items in the aftermarket, and engineer and source our parts and accessories to the highest standards. Both The Ply Guys and TentBox are ideal partners as they both clearly share our commitment to quality, and love the Classic Defender as much as our customers do.”
All five vehicles displayed were unique, demonstrating the diverse selection of parts and accessories available to Classic clients who wish to showcase their individuality, with parts engineered and manufactured to OEM quality and authenticity.
The Expedition Camper by Land Rover Classic features several new products available via Classic’s extensive catalogue of parts and accessories – all designed to make the Classic Defender the perfect companion for overland trips. It combines a bespoke approved interior conversion from specialists, The Ply Guys, and a curated collection of official original exterior additions alongside a new roof tent installation from experts TentBox.
The Expedition Camper’s exterior features a range of accessories designed to enhance the capability and durability of Classic Defender, including a Land Rover Approved TentBox Cargo roof tent. It features unique heritage branding on the front and rear of the tent shell, with unique Desert Sand colourway and branding for the tent canvas, referencing the equipment used in Land Rover expeditions from the past. It will be compatible with both the Classic Defender 90 and 110 when it is launched in early 2024 and will ensure a comfortable night’s sleep, wherever clients choose to set up camp.
Exterior features in full:
- TentBox Cargo Roof Tent (available early 2024)
- LED headlamps
- Black Sawtooth wheels with black centre caps
- Black exterior pack – grille, headlight surrounds, metal heritage badging – and Black bolt kit
TentBox Cargo roof tent (available early 2024) via www.tentbox.com
Other enhancements delivered by the specialist team at Land Rover Classic include a bespoke interior, consisting of premium front seats with contrast stitching in yellow and electric blue piping, tied in with Harris Tweed on the centre console and the rear benches. The fully approved conversion by camper specialists, The Ply Guys, ensures the Defender is ready for anything. The hand-crafted furniture is built with adventure in mind, featuring modular components that can be specified in one of many combinations.
Interior features in full:
- Land Rover Urlar floor –Black Hexa 12mm with pinstripe detailing
- Croch Suas ceiling with integrated downlights – 6.5mm Natural Birch with engraving detail
- Land Rover Torridon Cook Station with slide out storage
- Gairdean Land Rover Cubby Box – bespoke version for Land Rover Classic
- Land Rover Expedition Unit – Low level pull out drawer with lockers. In Black Hexa birch ply
- Land Rover 110 Kitchen Module – Low level worktop with top down access hatches. Flip up prep/work benches.
- Harris Tweed upholstery – For base cushions and infill cushions
The Expedition Camper wasn’t the only unique Classic Defender at The Revival this year. It was joined by a Black Pack equipped 110 Hard Top with a combination of official parts and accessories that showcased the level of personalisation possible from Land Rover Classic; including Black Exterior Pack, 18-inch diamond-cut Sawtooth alloy wheels, LED lights, and Expedition roof rack and ladder. Inside, a leather steering wheel and 60th Anniversary edition SVX alloy gear knob and transfer box knob provide a premium finish.
A 90 Station Wagon with a heritage look provided an entirely different character on the stand at Goodwood Revival. It features bright silver finishes for an understated luxury aesthetic, including the Silver Exterior Pack and silver painted 16-inch Wolf steel wheels. Contemporary LED rear lights and a Rubber Loadspace Liner enhance practicality and protection. A pair of Defender Trophy Support Trucks were also on display. Each built to support the exclusive Classic Land Rover Trophy I and Trophy II client events, they are fitted with parts that elevate the capability and enhance the look of classic Defender models, which are now available to customers:
- The Trophy I Tribute Pack includes a Heritage grille with metal heritage badge, A-Frame nudge bar and installation kit, integrated winch and winch bumper, plus distinctive painted 16-inch Wolf steel wheels.
- The Trophy II Tribute Pack includes an adventure front grille and metal heritage badge, complemented by black Defender script and headlamp surrounds. There is also an eye-catching full Expedition Camo wrap, with black 18-inch Sawtooth alloy wheels, an integrated winch and winch bumper, and mudflaps with white heritage logos.
This collection of unique, individual vehicles showcases the full breadth of the Land Rover Classic parts and accessories catalogue, catering for customers who demand OEM engineered parts in the aftermarket, that deliver the opportunity to customise and enjoy the Classic Defender as it should be.