- Five millionth version of world’s most off-road capable and iconic SUV is sold to a customer in New Jersey
- Five millionth owner will receive $5,000 worth of Jeep Performance Parts (JPP) by Mopar and lifetime Jeep Wave customer care benefits
- Landmark achievement coincides with the introduction of the all-new fifth generation 2024 Jeep Wrangler
- The first Jeep Wrangler was introduced in 1986 as a 1987 model, replacing the Jeep CJ and continuing the legacy established by the original 1941 Willys MB
- Each generation of iconic 4×4 is backed by a storied history, with an unmatched combination of off-road capability and authentic Jeep design
- New 2024 Wrangler delivers legendary off-road capability, authentic Jeep design, open-air freedom, advanced powertrains, superior on- and off-road dynamics and host of innovative safety and advanced technology features
August 31, 2023, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. –The Jeep® brand today announced the sale of the five millionth Jeep Wrangler, a 2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe 20th anniversary Edition in Earl exterior paint, which was bought by a customer in Camden, New Jersey. The owner will receive $5,000 worth of Jeep Performance Parts (JPP) by Mopar and lifetime Jeep Wave customer care benefits.
This milestone achievement for the brand coincides with the introduction of the new 2024 Jeep Wrangler, which will be sold in markets around the world.
The Jeep Wrangler is the icon of the brand and one of the most recognizable nameplates in the industry and has been since its unveiling at the 1986 Chicago Auto Show as a 1987 model, replacing the Jeep CJ and continuing the legacy established by the original 1941 Willys MB
“With five million Wranglers sold, the Jeep brand continues to grow fueled by the unwavering passion of the Jeep global community,” said Jim Morrison, senior vice president and head of Jeep brand North America. “With legendary 4×4 capability, open-air-freedom and a timeless design, the Wrangler embodies the spirit and the soul of the Jeep brand.”
“Over 80 percent of the five million Wranglers sold since 1986 are still on the road, having fun out there and showcasing the amazing staying power of the vehicle. Our new 2024 Wrangler raises the bar once again as the most capable Wrangler yet, with more technology, safety features and refinement,” he added.
FIVE GENERATIONS OF A GLOBAL ICON
The very first Jeep Wrangler, with the model code YJ, entered into production line 37 years ago at the American Motors Corporation factory. The YJ went on to sell 630,000 units between 1987 and 1995.
It was followed by the TJ in 1996, the JK in 2006 and the JL in 2017, each new generation building on a legendary history through an unmatched combination of off-road capability and authentic Jeep design.
Since the Wrangler YJ’s introduction as a single two-door model with two engine options – a 2.5-liter four cylinder and a 4.2-liter inline six cylinder – each subsequent iteration of Wrangler has been designed to be even more refined and comfortable for daily use, while providing customers with the world’s most off-road capable and most iconic SUV.
Today, the all-new 2024 Jeep Wrangler offers more capability, more advanced technology features and more refinement than ever before, with a lineup that includes Sport, Sport S, Sahara, Willys, Rubicon, new Rubicon X, High Altitude and Rubicon 392. (INSERT LOCAL SPECS)
From the 49 MPGe electrified 4xe plug-in hybrid to the V-8-powered 470-horsepower Rubicon 392, the new 2024 Jeep Wrangler offers the most diverse powertrain options in the off-road segment, giving Wrangler customers the ability to choose the propulsion system that best suits their lifestyle. (INSERT LOCAL SPECS)
The 2024 Jeep Wrangler arrives in North American dealerships this quarter.