Dubai Mall of the Emirates has redesigned their roof-top parking garage to the new VOX drive-in cinema for movie lovers. These drive-in cinemas were inaugurated on Sunday, May 17. Located right underneath the Ski-slope a large screen is placed where cars can be parked; engines to be switched off to enjoy the audio experience.
Apart from its retro vibe, the cost of the ticket for an open-air cinema experience is Dhs180 per vehicle, however, food, drinks, popcorn, and nachos are included. Registrations for viewing are done through the app and will have to be presented upon entering. Social Distancing is a must with current events, hence only two people are allowed per car.
Things to know before visiting the drive-in cinema:
- Headlights must be turned off when the car is parked.
- Viewers can turn on hazard lights if they need assistance.
- Restrooms are located inside the mall
- Honking or flashing your headlights are not allowed
- Snacks are provided at the entrance, but in case you need more then an attendant will be around to assist.
It’s great to see that VOX cinemas have taken the effort to provide a unique experience and a new getaway. People looking for an option to destress and resort to an old school option for their cinema experience must check it out.