Farah Amhaz, Head of Product Marketing, General Motors Africa and Middle East, said: “With new reveals, we regularly elevate the bar and set new industry benchmarks, while catering for our customers’ needs. Through the new 2024 Sierra HD, we are offering so much more than a road companion. Without compromising on luxury and comfort, the truck brings unparalleled trailering assistance technologies, helping enhance customers’ feelings of safety, confidence and power. The 2024 Sierra HD is another vehicle we eagerly anticipate for the region and a strong addition to our premium and capable truck line-up.”
Heavy Duty Highlights:
- Enhanced power with the combination of available 6.6L V-8 coupled with 10-speed Allison transmission delivering 401 horsepower and 629 Nm of torque.
- Max towing across the lineup including:
- Up to 9,933 Kg on 2500HD Crew Cab – best-in-class
- Up to 10,205 Kg on 2500HD – a 4,000-pound increase over current model
- Up to 16,329 Kg on 3500HD
- Most available trailering assistance technologies in its class offering up to 14 camera views
- Updated technologies including an available new, largest in-class 4-inch-diagonal tablet-style infotainment touchscreen
The 2024 Sierra HD lineup includes 2500HD and 3500HD models, in Regular Cab, Extended Cab and Crew Cab configurations — with dual-rear-wheel models available on 3500HD. They support the lineup’s highest trailering capacity: up to 16,329 Kg.
Fresh and Bold – Inside and Out
Fresh and Bold – Inside and Out
The 2024 Sierra HD lineup is elevated with styling and design updates, inside and out. Exterior highlights include:
- Revised front bumper, fascia, grille designs and finishes on each trim
- Animated lighting when approaching, starting, or when using the turn signals
- New wheel designs on SLE and Denali, in addition to larger 18-inch polished aluminum wheels on dual rear wheel models
- Six new exterior colors (extra cost): Titanium Rush Metallic, Sterling Metallic, Volcanic Red Tintcoat, Redwood Metallic, Meteorite Metallic and Downpour Metallic
Inside, GMC designers set apart Sierra from the competition with unique, new interiors on SLE, and SLT trims, as well as unique GMC premium interior designs for the Denali trim. There are also new color and stitching designs throughout, with more premium materials throughout the cabin, further elevating the Sierra’s premium look and feel.
10-speed Allison transmission enhances gas-engine trailering capability
The Allision 10-speed automatic transmission is now paired with the Sierra HD’s 6.6L gas engine. It replaces the previous six-speed automatic, offering smaller “steps” between the gears, which enables the 6.6L gas engine to hold closer to its peak power (401 horsepower and 629 Nm of torque) for longer periods.
That translates into a more confident feeling of on-demand power, regardless of whether the truck is towing a trailer — but when it is, trailering performance and capability are enhanced thanks in part to the 10-speed configuration, along with the capability of channeling every single pound-foot of torque to the tires in every gear.
High-Tech Digital Displays
The centerpiece of Sierra’s high-tech interior cabin is the new available 13.4-inch diagonal tablet-style touchscreen — the largest infotainment touchscreen in its class. Situated in landscape orientation, the touchscreen offers a user-friendly, customizable experience. An available multicolor 15-inch -diagonal head-up display, and a new available 12.3-inch -diagonal digital instrument cluster are also added to in 2024 model year. Together, this creates over 40 inches of immersive digital displays helping to provide an engaging, customizable and comprehensive driving experience.
The all-new touchscreen infotainment center can be configured to a user’s preference, including the ability to operate multiple apps simultaneously in a “split-screen” view (e.g., a Navigation app running on the left side of the screen and a Music app on the right). Sierra HD’s infotainment system will also integrate Google built-in (on all trims except Pro) allowing customers to connect virtually every aspect of their daily lives within their vehicle. The system is compatible with both Wireless Apple CarPlay and Wireless Android Auto.
Premium Safety Features
The 2024 model year will offer a suite of safety and driver assistance technologies, including:
- Forward Collision Alert
- Lane Departure Warning
- Automatic Emergency Braking
- Front Pedestrian Braking (new for 2024)
- IntelliBeam, auto high beams
- Following Distance Indicator
Additional information around the arrival date to the Middle East will be revealed at a later stage.