Boasting a potent blend of refinement, power and technology, Escalade-V features performance-inspired styling and an unmistakable sound that combine for a head-turning street presence. With these distinctive attributes, the Escalade-V expands the V-Series lineup, now in its fourth generation, which offers more levels of performance while preserving the lineage of the original lineup introduced in 2004.
“Customers and enthusiasts have asked for an Escalade-V, and we’re thrilled to bring this high-performance SUV to market in the year of Cadillac’s 120th anniversary,” said Rory Harvey, Vice President Global Cadillac. “We do not deploy the V-Series designation lightly. The arrival of the 2023 Escalade-V is the result of a rigorous development program that allows this highly anticipated model to meet the criteria and capability thresholds established by nearly two decades of inspired V-Series performance.”
Kristian Aquilina, Managing Director, Cadillac International Operation and Cadillac Middle East said: “The iconic Escalade has continuously set new benchmarks in the luxury SUV segment throughout the years. It is the epitome of refinement, style and innovation. In parallel, our V-Series line-up packs our most advanced performance vehicles, spearheaded by the V-Series Blackwing which took our region by storm last year. The Escalade-V truly combines the best of both worlds and brings to life the most powerful and luxurious full-size SUV. With the Escalade-V set to dominate the streets of the region by end of 2022, we know we are closing this year too on a high note.”
At the heart of the Escalade-V is a supercharged 6.2-liter V-8 engine rated at 682 horsepower and 885 Nm of torque. Standard performance elements include a 10-speed automatic transmission calibrated for Escalade-V, full-time active all-wheel-drive system and exclusive suspension hardware and software calibrations. An Escalade-V ESV version is also available.
The Escalade further earns its V-Series designation with:
- Unique V-Series front and rear fascias
- Quad exhaust outlets
- Exclusive Six-Piston Brembo® front brakes
- Edge Red brake calipers
- Unique 22-inch aluminum wheels
- Standard Magnetic Ride Control 4.0 and Air Ride Adaptive Suspension, with uniquely tuned rear air springs and damper hardware, as well as V-Series specific software calibrations
- Selectable V-Mode with driver-customizable performance driving settings, lowered suspension and active exhaust valves that control the throaty V-8 growl
- V-Series badging on the driver and front passenger doors, liftgate and throughout the interior, including the steering wheel
- Platinum trim interior featuring Zebra Wood decor with semi-aniline leather on all three rows, and heated/ventilated and massaging1 front seats
- Escalade’s signature curved OLED with 38 inches of total diagonal display
- AKG Studio Reference 36-speaker audio system
A supercharged legacy and AWD grip
Rated at a GM-estimated 682 horsepower at 6,000 engine rpm and 885 Nm of torque at 4,400 engine rpm, the Escalade-V’s 6.2L hand-built supercharged and intercooled engine builds on a legacy of supercharged V-8 engines offered in Cadillac V-Series models, those being the second- and third-generation CTS-V models, the XLR-V, and most recently, the CT5-V Blackwing.
The Escalade-V’s engine shares architectural similarities with the CT5-V Blackwing’s supercharged V-8, but features a larger, 2.65L R2650 TVS supercharger that helps overcome the higher inlet and exhaust restrictions on the full-size SUV application. It spins at up to 13,500 rpm to produce approximately 10 pounds of boost and has an electronically controlled bypass valve for optimal drivability. The supercharger’s unique four-lobe rotors are designed to broaden the engine’s power band, with great low-end torque production and strong high-rpm power.
The rest of the engine is designed to support the high output and the greater cylinder pressures that come with forced induction, including a durable forged-steel crankshaft, forged steel connecting rods and forged aluminum pistons. The aluminum cylinder heads are stronger and handle heat better than conventional castings. The heads also feature lightweight titanium intake valves.
A 10-speed automatic transmission pairs with the engine and features calibration for the unique powerband characteristics of its supercharging system.
Unique suspension calibrations and V-Mode exclusive for Escalade-V
Along with the full-time active all-wheel-drive system, standard Magnetic Ride Control 4.0, Air Ride Adaptive Suspension and exclusive Escalade-V suspension hardware complement the Escalade-V’s responsive driving experience. Together, they form the foundation of a heightened feeling of driver control, without sacrificing the isolated precision ride comfort for which the Escalade is renowned.
With this new V-Series SUV, the Air Ride Adaptive Suspension four-corner air springs feature specific, stiff rear air springs. The electronically controlled system also features unique damper hardware tuning and software calibrations, which help make the most of the Escalade-V’s four-wheel independent suspension. The electronic limited-slip differential improves handling and helps to maximize traction.
Drivers can personalize their experience behind the wheel through the exclusive V-Mode, which drivers access via a button on the center console ahead of the transmission shifter. It lets drivers tailor their preferred performance-driving mode and it also automatically lowers the ride height by nearly 20 mm.
Signature design, craftsmanship and technology
Inside and out, the new Escalade-V builds on Escalade’s bold, layered design statement and sophisticated, technology-infused passenger environment.
On the exterior, unique front and rear fascias cast a distinctive pose, along with Cadillac’s signature Sport mesh grille. The rear fascia incorporates openings for a quad exhaust outlet. Uniquely styled 22-inch wheels are also part of the V-Series content. They help showcase the performance brake system behind them, which includes exclusive Brembo® front brakes with Edge Red calipers.
The cabin’s appointments build on the Escalade’s Platinum trim interior, offered in Black or Dark Auburn, with Zebra Wood accents. Standard features include semi-aniline leather on all three rows, with front seats featuring power massage1 and a heated steering wheel.
On the technology front, Escalade-V delivers with:
- Standard curved OLED with 38 inches of total diagonal display, with twice the pixel density of a 4K television
- Premium infotainment experience with navigation2, featuring a 16.9-inch diagonal color information display, Natural Voice Recognition, Wireless Apple CarPlay and Wireless Android Auto3 capability, Connected Apps and more
- Augmented Reality, which projects a live image of what is in front of the vehicle on the 14.2-inch-diagonal center cluster display. When a navigational route is active, the system will overlay directional information on the display
- Standard AKG Studio Reference 36-speaker audio system, with 3D Surround, Navigation Rendering and more
Escalade-V on sale end of 2022 in the Middle East
The 2023 Escalade-V goes on sale in limited availability towards the end of 2022. A high-performance Full-Size SUV is a unique offering, and no one can do it as well as Cadillac, with the Escalade-V. Details will be available at www.cadillacarabia.com at a later stage.