- New flagship ZR2 validated in the grueling Best in the Desert off-road racing series, with front and rear e-lockers and Multimatic DSSV dampers
- New premium interior with large, intuitive screens and elevated exterior design
Additional highlights to the new 2022 Chevrolet Silverado include:
- A fully redesigned interior for LT, RST, LT and Trail Boss trims featuring a redesigned, sweeping horizontal instrument panel that makes the cabin feel more spacious, along with a new, more functional center console (with available electronic shift control on most trim levels)
- A larger, 13.4-inch-diagonal color touchscreen and new 12.3-inch-diagonal configurable digital instrument cluster standard on models with the new interior
- Available on most trims, Google built-in² provides access to Google Assistant, Google Maps and Google Play right on your infotainment screen. This new experience works with Android AutoTM3 and Apple CarPlay4 and offers new levels of customization and flexibility for customers.
- Every trim features a new front fascia, which emphasizes the truck’s stability and strength with a wide, planted stance, while new daytime running lamps have been programmed with animated walk-up and walk-away functions in addition to swiping turn signal functions on select trims
First-ever Silverado ZR2The first-ever Silverado ZR2 drives into the flagship position of Chevy Trucks’ factory-lifted off-road lineup, offering race-proven off-road performance customers can buy right from the showroom floor. The ZR2 brings together a premium interior, immersive technology, a number of standard safety equipment features and off-road prowess in a comprehensive package. ZR2’s suspension upgrades, enhanced off-road technology and exterior enhancements were developed to optimize off-road performance and capability — whether desert running or rock crawling — while balancing everyday driving comfort as well as a payload and towing capacity of up to 553 kg and 4000kg respectively.
Silverado highlights include:
- Standard 6.2L V-8 engine and 10-speed automatic transmission
- Silverado-first application of Multimatic DSSV spool-valve dampers
- Uniquely tuned springs that, with the Multimatic dampers, increase maximum front and rear suspension travel, compared to the Silverado Trail Boss
- Front and rear e-lockers
- Specific off-road chassis and suspension calibrations, including Terrain Mode, which allows one-pedal5 rock crawling
- Specific 33-inch off-road tires
- Unique skid plate package
- New steel front bumper designed for off-road strength, durability, and clearance, including an all-new, high-approach front bumper that enables an improved 31-degree approach angle, compared to other Silverado off-road models.