For most people, this appears to be a daunting task and they end up calling a professional cleaning company but in reality, it is not that difficult if you follow these quick and easy tips to deep clean your car.
- Get rid of dead bugs on the front of your car with cooking spray – Apply cooking spray to a car grille and bumper, then use a clean cloth to rub the dead bugs away.
- Clean wiper blades with rubbing alcohol to prevent smears on your windshield – Use a cotton ball or cloth soaked in rubbing alcohol to wipe your car’s blades.
- Use baking soda toothpaste to rub away the grime on headlights – Squeeze out a blob of toothpaste onto a rag and rub the paste all over headlights. The abrasive texture of the baking soda will help buff away grime. The headlights will be shining like new.
- As a first step, throughly vacuum the inside of your car and get a flat head screw driver to take out dirt fro tight spaces.
- Brush dirt and grime out of the seams of your seats with a toothbrush.
- Wipe down the interior of your car with a coffee filter – Coffee filters are made of a lint-free paper that is perfect for dusting!
- Wash your car’s dashboard and center console with hair conditioner – Most hair conditioners contain lanolin, a type of wax, which will make your car shine.
- Condition your dashboard with Vaseline. Then, make your own air freshener by applying 5-10 drops of essential oil onto a clothespin.
For regular use, clean your windshield and car windows with baby wipes – Keep a pack in your glove compartment, especially on long road trips! Not only will they help clean up messes, the alcohol in the wipes will keep your windows clean and free of streaks. Lastly, don’t forget to roll down windows to clean the top edge with Windex.