Building on the success of AT4, the AT4X sub brand is the ultimate expression of GMC’s commitment to delivering serious off-road capability. First introduced on the 2022 Sierra, the AT4X trim has quickly become synonymous with robust off-road credibility.
2023 GMC Canyon
The 2023 GMC Canyon AT4X will be the first midsize truck on the market to offer a suite of segment-first key features including:
- Underbody cameras1, including front- and rear-facing views underneath the vehicle
- Head-Up Display
- Fully digital driver information center
- Wireless Apple CarPlay2 and Android Auto3
- Google Built-in4 (Google Automotive Services)
Introducing Canyon AT4X
The All-New GMC Canyon AT4X is purposefully engineered to be a premium, no-compromises, off-road midsize truck. It offers serious off-road equipment and advanced technology for optimum capability and convenience – no matter the destination.
The Canyon AT4X boasts a factory lifted, ultra-wide track to elevate the off-road performance and capability. Canyon AT4X comes standard with 33-inch MT tires, Multimatic DSSV shocks, front and rear e-lockers, underbody skid plates and the AT4X-exclusive Baja drive mode.
Within the interior, the Canyon AT4X’s Ceramic White and Obsidian Rush, customizable 11.3-inch diagonal touchscreen infotainment system and a 11-inch fully digital instrument cluster. In addition, it offers GMC-exclusive Head-Up display and Bose seven-speaker audio entertainment system.
The Canyon AT4X will offer Edition 1* package which includes:
- Front and rear-facing underbody cameras1 with wash function
- Off-road front bumper with safari bar
- Front 30-inch off-road grille light bar
- Winch by COMEUP
- 17-inch beadlock capable wheels
- Reconfigurable bed rail system
- Performance front skid plate
- Edition 1 tailgate badge
* Extremely limited availability
Serious Off-Road Equipment
The 2023 Canyon AT4X is engineered to offer customers a premium off-road experience. The Canyon offers key features across its trim lineup that provide customers with optimized performance and rugged off-road capability to take you anywhere, on or off the map. This includes:
- Factory Lift and Ultra-Wide Track: 2023 Canyon comes standard with an off-road suspension package featuring an ultra-wide track and factory lift standard for improved approach departure and breakover angles.
- Multimatic DSSV Shocks: The latest Multimatic DSSV shocks offer control and comfort on-road, and robust performance for extended off-road adventures.
- Off-Road Optimized 2.7L Turbo Engine: The high-torque, off-road optimized 2.7L turbo engine provides amongst the best-in-class gas engine (583 nm of torque. GM estimate).
- Enhanced Front and Rear Electronic Locking Differentials: The 2023 GMC Canyon’s available front and rear e-lockers allow drivers to engage the front or rear axles to lock both wheels at the same speed.
- Off-Road Performance Display: Accessible through the center screen instrument cluster, 2023 Canyon drivers can access and monitor real time metrics of their off-road trek including g-force, altimeter, and pitch and roll stats.
- All-New Drive Modes: 2023 Canyon AT4X features the introduction of all-new drive modes, crafted to provide customers with a robust drive experience:
- Baja Mode: for high-speed off-road driving
- Terrain Mode: for low-speed precision off-roading and rock crawling
- Off-road Mode: for general off-road dynamics
- Normal Mode: for balanced every day on-road driving
- Tow/Haul Mode: for optimized hauling heavy loads and towing
- Standard 32-inch large off-road tires (33-inch MT tires)
- Front axle moved forward for improved proportions and more planted, level stance
Most Advanced Canyon Ever
The 2023 GMC Canyon marries its off-road prowess with a premium technology suite to offer customers an advanced off-road experience. Canyon’s technology-focused cockpit features a more dynamic, high-resolution infotainment screen and driver information center.
The All-New Canyon gives the driver ample control with its advanced technology cockpit, powered by a new electrical architecture. Through this updated system, drivers can experience Canyon’s available 10 camera view system1 — more camera views than any other competitor in its class — including HD Surround Vision and a waterproof underbody camera with camera washing system. The Canyon’s advanced cockpit also includes the off-road performance display, which allows drivers to track real-time, off-road performance data on the center screen.
In addition to these features, the 2023 Canyon also includes a variety of other enhancements including:
- Class leading, 11-inch diagonal fully digital instrument cluster on the AT4X trims.
- Class-exclusive 6.3-inch diagonal Head-Up Display to provide the driver with key information like navigation, safety alerts, speed, audio and more.
- Wireless Android Auto3 and Apple CarPlay2 wireless phone projection capability
- Bose seven-speaker audio system.
The 2023 Canyon also introduces a host of safety and driver assistance1 technology features including:
- Standard Canyon Pro Safety Package1
- Automatic Emergency Braking
- Front Pedestrian Braking with Bicyclist Detection
- IntelliBeam Headlights auto high beams
- Following Distance Indicator
- Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
- Rear Cross Traffic Braking
- Blind Zone Steering Assist
- Safety Alert Seat1
- Technology Package1
- Rear Pedestrian Alert
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- HD Surround Vision
Elevated Exterior and Interior Design
The 2023 GMC Canyon features a bold stance, aggressive exterior styling and elevated interior. The All-New Canyon is equipped with a standard short bed, crew cab configuration.
The 2023 Canyon’s exterior is pronounced by its high clearance, trimmed corners and the all-new integration of sheet metal for a completely unique look. The front fascia features full LED exterior lighting.
Under the vehicle, the Canyon AT4X includes a large front heavy-duty AT4X skid plate, a transfer case shield rocker protector to tackle the most rugged terrains. The 2023 GMC Canyon also introduces a water-tight tailgate storage system for enhanced bed functionality and amongst the best-in-class cargo volume.
More details about the availability of the 2023 GMC Canyon AT4X in the region will be shared soon.